How to Make Your Pipkits Duos
In this video tutorial we’re going to show you how to make your Pipkits Duos Bracelet and Necklace Kit
- To make the bracelet start with the shorter length of cord, a charm and rings. Divide the rings into two equal piles.
- Start to thread the rings from one pile onto the end of the cord followed by the charm.
- Now add the remaining rings from the second pile.
- Form a knot by making a circle in the middle of the length of cord. Make sure you leave an even amount of cord either side for knotting.
- Take one end and wrap it under the cord. Pull it round and wrap it back through itself and pull the knot tight.
- Now do the same again at the opposite side of the circle and pull tightly to make another knot.
- Now trim the excess cord on both sides with scissors leaving half a centimetre from the knot. You may need an adult to help you.
- Your bracelet is now finished and ready to wear or share with a friend.
Now let’s make the necklace.
- To make your necklace take the longer length of cord tie a knot 3 inches from one end of the cord and pull tight.
- Now add a wooden bead and tie another knot to hold the bead in place.
- Trim the cord half a centimetre from the knot with a pair of scissors.
- On the other end of the cord thread a metal bead followed by a charm and the remaining metal bead.
- At the end of the cord fold over about 3” and pinch the cords together where they cross to create a loop. Circle the end of the cord behind the loop.…
- Pass the end of the cord through the circle from front to back to create a slip knot.
- Adjusting this loop will keep your necklace secure when fastened to the bead on the opposite side.
- Trim the excess cord from the loop knot with scissors.
- And there you have it. We hope you’ve had fun making this Pipkits Duos Bracelet and Necklace kit.